For my persona text I'm using a poem I wrote to one of my friends at the end of senior year. He had been kicked out of my school and was heading down the wrong path. Him and I were best friends and back in the day we used to write lyrics and make songs over instrumentals I would make. This song is sort of just a freestyle. I gave him the song when I saw him before my graduation. I censored some of the actual lyrics because some of the language I use could be seen as offensive but at the time of me writing it I felt it was necessary because that was a facet of hour friendship. This song to me is the most meaningful I've written because it's a lot more serious then the other stuff I've written.
This piece doesn't really remind me of any texts we've read in class but it does have similar metaphors and its own unique language just like the other memoirs We've read does. The language I use reflects the same I used with him and is important in creating a sense of our friendship.
It sounds like your essay is going to be really meaningful and have a different mood/tone than mine which I really like.I also like the fact that you were truthful that your poem really has no relation towards the text in we have read in class. I think that analyzing a text (your poem) that you truly love will make this essay so much easier for you to write and turn out to be really good.
ReplyDeleteBen,
ReplyDeleteI really like your idea of using a song you've written specially since that's what i'm doing. My friends and I mess around with an mpc and write lyrics just for fun, they're nothing special. I do like the song i wrote, but i feel like yours has a lot more meaning to you given the situation, and i know i haven't heard it yet but i don't think you should censor it. I know you may be trying to be respectful to everyone but censorship can definitely take away a lot from a text. My song, just like yours, doesn't really relate to any of the texts we've read and i used a lot of figurative language. I'm excited to read your lyrics as well as your essay.